New Jersey Continuing Education COURSE
Going Green: The Environmental Movement in Real Estate
The trend to “go green” now extends beyond weekly recycling efforts and the latest Hybrid cars. In fact, the effects of this movement are becoming increasingly visible in the real estate market. This means that it is crucial for you, as an industry professional, to have a thorough understanding of green home qualifications, eco-friendly remodeling possibilities, and energy-efficient technologies.
This course provides you with the information you need to successfully guide your more eco-minded clients. Whether you’re helping a buyer find a newly constructed green home or advising a seller on green remodeling efforts to improve a listing, you’ll be able to provide your clients with support they need.
Course highlights include:
- An overview of green footprints, sustainability, and the environmental effects of energy-efficient homes
- Information on green renovation options, such as the use of renewable flooring, tubular skylights, xeriscaping, and more
- Videos and Internet resources that provide details on programs, such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), the Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing (PATH), and ENERGY STAR®
- Details about green property requirements, as outlined by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Statistics on the cost-saving benefits of green remodeling efforts and energy-efficient technology and appliances
- Tips for inexpensive, yet effective green makeovers that make homes more appealing to eco-conscious buyers